💚 Remember to join in and show what gives you that Scandinavian feeling. Just add the hashtag #thatscandinavianfeeling to your images on Instagram and lets spread hygge all around! I will be choosing a selection in the end of each month to share here on my blog and on Instagram.
Check out my last post for more or click the hashtag above to see what has already been shared! Some really lovely entries so far so keep them coming.
What is that Scandinavian feeling? To me it is a lot of things but at the same time hard to explain and I guess that’s why it is so fascinating and deep in my heart. I have now lived away from Scandinavia for over 7 years, but for some reason the feeling is stronger than ever. It is not about location or origin but simply a mix of cosiness & calm. It is a warm atmosphere that invites you in and makes you feel welcome, but at the same time a cool freshness that hits you like a winter breeze. It is wrapping yourself up in a nice comfy blanket with a hot drink and a cinnamon bun. It is simplicity and minimalism, focusing on the little things in life. It is wooden houses, reindeers, knitted jumpers, fjords & mountains..
So what does that Scandinavian feeling mean to you? Whether you are from Scandinavia or just have a nordic state of mind I’d love to see what you think. To join in and share what gives you that Scandinavian feeling just add the hashtag #thatscandinavianfeeling to your images on Instagram and start browsing. Can’t wait to see!
I will be collecting some images I find each month which to me shows of that perfect Scandinavian feeling and sharing them here. Hopefully it can be a way to inspire each other and discover new accounts or brands and spread hygge all around! To start it off I though I would share a selection of my images to set the mood;
Its been a while since last time I did one of these, almost two months actually, but after a little break I’m back with my selection of favourite Scandinavian finds on Instagram. Want to find out more? Just click on a name to be directed to their full Insta feed!
1) Kjær” is the Norwegian word for beloved or dear and is pronounced similarly to the English word “care.” This beautiful illustration is by @velmakin.shop, check out their account to learn more Norwegian words!
2) How cool are these rings by Norwegian @skjerven_jewellery? They have the original iconic LOTUS pattern from Cathrine Holm on them and can be bought here.
3) I’m obsessing over the cute ghost from Danish brand Studio Arhoj here photographed by @stuen.th! They come on so many different colours & patterns and are so fun. You can find the whole collection of ghosts here!
I’ve been collecting my favourite Scandinavian finds on Instagram this month, which was a very inspiring & fun but difficult task. Want to find out more? Just click on a name to be directed to their full Insta feed for you to enjoy!
1)@emmeselle by Norwegian artist Mona Stenseth Larsen is Scandinavian folklore meets pop art. I love how she takes normal everyday objects from Norwegian culture and creates beautiful illustrations like this one;
2) Beautiful & elegant jewelry by @mumbaistockholm, a Swedish brand using only 100% recycled gold and silver and certified stones. They also offer customers the possibility of sending in old gold jewelry which they then remake into new and modern mumbaistockholm designs. A clever way to update your jewelry box!
3) Cute Scandinavian style DIY letters in beads by Danish @sostrenegrene. You can see how they are made here on their YouTube channel.
4)@sognehome is a Norwegian brand that I’ve followed on Instagram for a while now. I love the simplicity of their homeware, and this mug with “pause” written on (which means break) is the perfect reminder that sometimes all you need is to stop and just enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea.
5) Because who wouldn’t want one Fjallraven Kanken backpack in each colour.. Find the whole range here.