Hello! It’s Peta back with another Scandinavian inspired recipe. I did a little research on lunches, fresh salads were a huge hit along with flatbreads. It got me thinking about the glorious salads we have here in the Mediterranean and I came up with the flatbread pizza. This flatbread is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar-free. Topped with passata and fresh salad it’s now one of my favourite lunches!
LUNCH: FLATBREAD PIZZA
Makes: 1 Pizza
- 1 Cup or 125g of rice flour
- 180g or 2 cups of gluten free oats
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp of mixed seeds (optional)
- ½ Cup of water
- ½ Carton of tomato purée
- Fresh salad. I used mixed lettuce leaves, red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and cucumber
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C.
- In a bowl mix one cup of rice flour with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tbsp of mixed seeds and a pinch of salt.
- Little by little add the water as you mix until it forms a dough.
- Flatten with your hands onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, you can either add the toppings whilst it’s hot or wait for it to cool – both options taste great!
- Spread the tomato passata generously across the base and add your salad toppings.
I am very excited to introduce a new Nordic summer series with a selection of Scandinavian inspired recipes created by the brilliant Peta Coote! Peta is a self confessed cat lady with a very positive outlook on life and a penchant for cups of tea who adores creating ‘free from’ recipes. She believes in finding the food that feels good for YOU, whether that’s a delicious fruity smoothie or chocolate ice-cream. Peta aims to inspire others to discover, eat and enjoy the food that makes them feel good, whatever that may be! I have been following Peta for a while now and her recipes always look so delicious, so I am very happy to be able to share some of her magic with you here on that Scandinavian feeling too.
Stay tuned for more delicious Scandinavian inspired recipes this summer by Peta! You can also find her here:
// Photo & text credit: Peta Coote