So did you see the Pantone Colour of the Year 2018, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet? I am not so sure about this shade of purple… If it was a richer, darker shade or even a lighter version I might be more convinced, but this bright violet is just a bit too strong for my liking. What do you think?
Every year since I started the blog I have been sharing my selection of Scandinavian design in the selected colour. This year it was extra hard, but here you can find a selection of items to inspire anyone wanting to add small accents of Ultra Violet to their home. Will you be incorporating it into your interior?
[su_list icon=”icon: angle-double-right” icon_color=”#e3ce23″]
- 1. PANTHELLA MINI LAMP BY LOUIS POULSEN
- 2. ROSALINDE MUG BY BJØRN WIINBLAD
- 3. GHOST BY STUDIO ARHOJ
- 4. MANO BOWL BY KÄHLER
- 5. ROLF CANDLEHOLDERS BY FREEMOVER
- 6. POLKA BLANKET BY KLIPPAN YLLEFABRIK
- 7. MOMABOX BY NOMESS
- 8. GEO VACUUM JUG BY NORMANN COPENHAGEN
- 9. PURPLE CITY POSTER BY MICHELLE CARLSLUND
- 10. SPRALLA SCENTED CANDLE IN POT BY IKEA
- 11. PINOCCHIO RUG BY HAY
- 12. CIRCUS POUF BY NORMANN COPENHAGEN
“We are living in a time that requires inventiveness and imagination. It is this kind of creative inspiration that is indigenous to PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet, a blue-based purple that takes our awareness and potential to a higher level. From exploring new technologies and the greater galaxy, to artistic expression and spiritual reflection, intuitive Ultra Violet lights the way to what is yet to come.” – Leatrice Eisman (Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute)